Friday 9 October 2009

To London and Half Marathon Number Two

Three weeks after the Great North run and it's off to London to the Royal Parks Half Marathon. Learning some lessons from the GNR we have a hotel next to Hyde Park so hopefully it's no hassle and a gentle short stroll to the start.

Training in the last three weeks was basically one week rest and taper up, one week real training, this week easy and taper down. It's all seem to have gone OK, and I've been trying out the new shoes. These are the Mizuno Inspire 5 I won as part of the Runners World competition that included the race entry to the Royal Parks. I found I tend to run quickly in them as this is when they are at their best, and they are not so good off the tarmac as the Asics GT-2140. So the Asics it will be as they do allow me to plod which is what I'll need to do a lot of on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment